GROUNDHOG ACROSS AMERICA
Written by: Barbara Birenbaum
Hardcover 44 Pages
A Story Within a Story (C)
The Story: Historical adventure of twenty-one (21) Groundhogs including Punxsutawney Phil that forecast spring. Their trails and tales take twists and turns on the way to discovery. Story Within a Story (C) Along the way watch out for impostors uncovered by the Under-Groundhog Spy Network.
# State - Groundhog # State - Groundhog # State - Groundhog
1. PA - Punxsutawney Phil 8. NJ - Mel 15. MS - Dixie Dan
2. PA - Octoraro Orphie 9. NC - Nibbles D 16. LA - Pierre C. Shadeaux
3. PA - Sammi 10. NC - Sir Walter Wally 17. MI- Woody
4. NY - Dunkirk Dave 11. NC - Woody 18. WI - Jimmy
5. VT - PeeWee 12. NC - Queen Charlotte 19. IL - Gertie
6. CT Connecticut Chuckles 13. GA -Beaureguard Lee 20. WV- Freddie
7. NJ - Essex Ed 14. AL - Birmingham Bill 21. AZ - Phoenix
|Age Level: All Ages from 6 to 12||For additional information see below|
Underlying Theme: Diversity, acceptance, decision-making, and the impact groundhogs have in predicting spring.
Adds to appeal of the only U.S. holiday named after an animal
Broadens awareness of how groundhog messages are communicated
Contributes to the folklore of Groundhog Day celebrations and festivities across America
Diversity of forecasting groundhogs - their nuances, seasonal habitats and locales.
Environmental impact of climate and weather on predictions.
Focus on how traditional customs of a holiday evolve and expand.
Full Color Photographs of Groundhogs
Sheet Music with lyrics "Where Are You Punxsutawney" adapted for each of the twenty-one (21) groundhogs.
Locator map showing states of the twenty-one (21) groundhogs across the United States.
Dictionary of Thirty (30) words and terms used about Groundhogs.
Printed in the USA